Submit A Nomination
Nominations for the 2018 Saskatchewan Muncipal Awards are now open!
Awards will be presented to the top three projects that have shown innovation and betterment for the municipality. Following are just a few examples of different topics and areas that projects could be awarded for:
- Engaging Youth
- Human Resources
- Public Health
- Protective Services
- Planning and Development
- Public Relations
- the list is endless…
An additional award, titled the "Regional Cooperation", will be given out to urban and rural municipalities working together on a project. If you’re working alongside another municipality to achieve a common goal – this award is for you!
Submitting Your Nomination
The deadline for submitting nominations will be September 7, 2018
- Submissions must be electronically completed using the following form:
- The total length of each nomination package is limited to eight pages, not including cover letters.
- We encourage the submission of pictures of the project that is being nominated. This is helpful for the Selection Committee to visualize the outcomes and what was achieved.
- Once the nomination form is complete, they can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mail is the preferred method for submitting nominations.
- You may also submit your nomination by:
Saskatchewan Municipal Awards
200, 2222 13th Avenue
Regina, SK S4P 3M7
Attn: Saskatchewan Municipal Awards
After the deadline, all nominations will be provided to the Selection Committee for review and consideration. The Selection Committee will then decide the top three initiatives as well as the winner of the Regional Cooperation award.
The Selection Committee for the 2017 Awards was made up of non-biased, distinguished individuals within the municipal community. The 2018 Selection Committee is TBA.
- Ken Engel (former Executive Director of SARM);
- Jim Scarrow (former Mayor of Prince Albert and former Vice-President of Cities for SUMA);
- Don Taylor (former Board member of SARM);
- Audrey Trombley (former President of RMAA);
- Jeff Mulligan (managing Partner of AHHA Moments Inc., and former Mayor of Lloydminster); and
- Keith Schneider (former Executive Director of SUMA).
Have questions? No problem!
Questions regarding any part of the nomination process can be directed to Katee Galandy by email or phone: 306-525-4398.